I suggest...

Single line fonts

Ability to make glyphs based on path stroke, not by using fill, as Single Line Font, export it in format similar to Rapahel cufon font, (it would be nice to have exported font gyphs having 0,0 coordinates at top, similar to svg image) I'm using adobe illustrator to design single line gyphs, then exporting them as svg, mapping to codePoint, and formatting them in json format for my use. It's a lot time consuming, iterative and irritative task. I would love to see your positive response on my idea.
Thank you )

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ahsan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminGlyphr Studio (The Head Honcho, Glyphr Studio) commented  · 

Hello! OTF files are encoded as filled / closed shapes - there is no option (at the file data level) to specify paths with weight. This could be a feature, though, where the user specifies a path with weight, and when we export to OTF, that line is converted into a closed shape.

Illustrator already does this via the "Outline Path" command. Also, the 0,0 in font files is different than SVG or Canvas. There is a lot of conversion done between SVG and OTF, because they are designed to do very different things. Glyphr Studio handles both - so, for instance, when you import SVG to Glyphr Studio, we do the math to flip the 0,0 to the right place.

You could do your first phase of design work in Illustrator with lines, then "Outline Path" them all, and import them to Glyphr Studio as SVG.

Feedback and Knowledge Base