I suggest...

Create glyph from image

I think adding the ability to add glyphs from an image file would be a good thing to add, as it would speed up the creation process for those like myself who already have images made.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    T W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminGlyphr Studio (The Head Honcho, Glyphr Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! Typefaces are vector, which means they are stored as mathematical outlines, and not as pixels. This is why you can scale fonts as large or as small as you want without them looking pixelated. Images that use pixels to store information are called Raster.

There are some Vector image formats, namely SVG, that can be edited with programs like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. Glyphr Studio supports importing SVG outlines!

Other programs like Photoshop or Paint that save PNGs or JPGs are raster programs, and cannot be imported into Glyphr Studio. If this is what you have, you'll need to trace the raster images in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape (or some other Vector program) to convert them to outlines.

Feedback and Knowledge Base