I suggest...

enable handwriting

id love to create a handwritten font but i cant seem to find any Program that supports it.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's totally possible to create the vector shapes you need without conversion, but the best solution may involve investment in hardware. You could use various various vector packages such as Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and the like, with some form of tablet device (such as those made by Wacom). Pressure sensitivity controls for the stylus enable a quite expressive line with changing line thickness. Tons of other adjustments available (like tapering and changes based on tilt).

Alternatively go straight to screen with an iPad and Apple Pencil. I use Affinity Designer but there are others. Then you can output SVGs from there.

• AdminGlyphr Studio (The Head Honcho, Glyphr Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The basic problem with this is that font files are Vector - they store glyph outlines as mathematical curves. SVG is a common Vector file type.

If you scan handwritten letters, you will get a Raster file, which is made up of pixels, not outlines. Common Raster file types are PNG and JPEG.

To create a handwritten font, you need to outline your raster images with a vector editor, like Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.

There are some programs that can automatically outline a raster image and create vector outlines - but these don't always work out very well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base